How important are summer jobs/internships while in High School for US College Admission?

How important are summer jobs/internships while in High School for US College Admission?  

By: siuae@live.com on Jan. 4, 2020, 4:57 a.m.

How important are summer jobs/internships while in High School for US College Admission? thx

Re: How important are summer jobs/internships while in High School for US College Admission?  

By: Abhinav on Jan. 12, 2020, 9:32 p.m.

I think you can look at "How did you spend your summers while in High School?" which I answered earlier. In addition to that, I will say that showing some form of work experience in a field you're interested in, goes a long way in showing AO's that you are actually really interested in that field and you have a good understanding of how things work in that field. This essentially helps further strengthen your argument for why you may be interested in a particular field of study. Also something to note is that AO's are aware of the fact that it is difficult to get summer jobs, internships or any form of work experience as a high school student in countries like India and so they are sympathetic to the fact that your work experience may not be as significant as that of an applicant from the US.

Is College in US for you?