What are the Benefits of Applying Early? ¶
By: email@example.com on Aug. 16, 2019, 12:30 a.m.
What are the Benefits of Applying Early?
By: Saranya on Aug. 16, 2019, 4:51 a.m.
A few of the benefits of applying early are:
- Many schools have higher acceptance rates and it shows commitment to the school (if you get deferred etc)
- If you get in, you don't need to submit any other applications. This saves both time and money, as each application (including test scores) is around $85-100
- You get a college decision earlier (in December rather than March) so you can enjoy the rest of your senior year with lower stress levels
- You get to know your incoming class earlier
- You can book tickets etc earlier which also saves money
Honestly, the biggest benefit is the psychological security that you get if you get accepted because you don't need to go through the process again. However, you need to be careful about this decision because you should really be sure about the school if you're applying Early Decision